Have you ever heard of (or completed) a 3-2-1 activity? I have...in college. The ones I had to do were pretty much boring...but I see where they could actually be beneficial in the elementary classroom. I had the idea of making a cool and FUN version of the 3-2-1's I had to do in college. Basically it's 3 pieces of information, then 2, then 1 of anything you want. I decided to make a 3-2-1 book activity. This can be used with any book. It could be done whole group, small group, independently, or in a center with peers. Since most 3-2-1 activities are basically the same, when you say "let's do a 3-2-1" the students know what to expect. I hope your students enjoy this activity. You can download it for free at my TPT store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Amy-Hope
If you like it, stay tuned. I plan to make a full set with lots of different approaches and holiday themed 3-2-1's.
To whomever might just read this...I just wanted to let everyone know (anyone who actually reads here) that I am on maternity leave with my brand new sweet baby girl (and my two precious sons) until January. I hope to keep my blog updated some...but not promising it will be very often. I'm a busy gal these days with 3 kiddos. Whoa! That seems so strange to say THREE kids! :) I'm loving every minute of it though. Here's just a few of the hundreds of pictures I've taken so far...yes, HUNDREDS (and she's not even three weeks old)! I'm not a very good photographer, but I'm definitely a picture taking fanatic!!! Enjoy!
A lot of people have asked me (and my sister) about the posters and question cards I have hanging on my reading focus wall. I have created a set of posters that cover ALL units of the Scott Foresman Reading Street series. I also have created new and improved (cuter) comprehension question cards. Both of these are available in my TPT store...links below. The comprehension question cards are fun to use for any story. I have a set that I use and I also have a seperate set that my students can use to "quiz" each other about what they are reading. They really like them a lot.
Head on over to my store for the TPT BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! I just posted my set of Comprehension Question Cards for Reading...go ahead and get them ON SALE! :) Don't forget to check out Blog Hoppin' to see who else is linking up!
Would you LOVE to have a Cameo? I would too! I can think of a ga-zillion things to do with it. You can enter for your chance to win one at Blog Hoppin'. I sure did! Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! :)
So the sweetest blogger Primary Pizzazz awarded my blog the Liebster Award. I don't feel worthy of received any awards at the point but I'm so grateful and it makes my heart smile. THANK YOU PRIMARY PIZZAZZ! Soooo sweet!
Now for the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and
link back to them.
2. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
3. Present the award to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and
leave them a comment on their blog.
The wonderful Amy Lemons at Step into 2nd Grade is hosting a "Tell Me More, Tell Me More" linky party and I've decided to join! At least now I have something blog about right? Here goes...in NO particular order. :)
1. I think MARIAH CAREY is seriously the best singer in the world. She's my ALL TIME fav and has been since I was in middle school!!!
2. Cheerleading runs through my blood! Like Amy L., I still have dreams about stunting to this day! Stunting was my all time favorite thing to do!!! This picture was actually taken after high school with one of my high school friends, Landon, because we both still loved it so much! :)
3. My husband and I are HUGE Alabama Football fans...hence my blog name: The Houndstooth Teacher!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! We loved AL football so much that we also middled-named our 2nd son "Tyde."
4. I have an identical twin sister whom I adore and admire so much! She's amazing...you may even have heard of her: Julie Lee at Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten We have the best laughs together and I about die if I go 30 minutes without speaking to her.
We are also expecting 6 weeks apart from one another. It has been so fun. She has 2 girls at home and is having a boy and I have 2 boys at home and I'm having a girl....totally a GOD thing!
5. I'm totally addicted to MOUNTAIN DEW!!! Even so much that my sister and I had maternity pictures made of us guzzling a 20 oz!!! :)
6. I'm super duper OCD about my bed sheets! They have to be PERFECT when I'm changing them. My sweet hubby helps...but honestly he just doesn't get it when I say "pull that corner all the way down" , or "straighten that side up"...etc. I also carry my own set of sheets when traveling...that way I can sleep good without worrying about "nastiness."
7. I recently got SAVED on April 1st, 2012. My dad is a preacher, my paw-paw was a preacher, and my father-in-law is a preacher. I've been in church ALL my life...thought I was saved young. It's NEVER too late y'all! Thankful to GOD for his mercy!!!
8. I have a serious nail biting problem. Even when there is nothing left to bite, I find something. Gross!!!
9. I love fashion: newest trends, high heels, blingy jewelry, blingy clothes, nail polish, make-up, clothes, clothes, clothes...BUT you'd NEVER know it...because I can't make my self wear the stuff. I feel to "bogged down"...but I sure do love to look at it. :) You'll usually find me in jeans, flip flops, and a comfy shirt.
10. I LOVE to sleep late...like until 10:30 or 11:00...and believe it or not my precious husband lets me do that sometimes on Saturdays. He gets up and takes care of the boys. I hope my mom doesn't read this...hehe. She would seriously threaten to spank me. :)
My twin sister and I are turning 30 on Saturday...HOLY COW! Head on over to Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten to enter this amazing giveaway and for all the details! With 19 participants and 30 prizes, you won't want to miss it. Go now!!! :)
When we returned from Christmas break, we worked on our New Year's goals. We talked about what a resolution was and they wrote their own. The paper from the mouth is what they wrote their resolution/goals on. Some were really long and some were short.
I thought they turned out really cute!
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
The students wrote about their own dreams for their life, our country or community.
They did an awesome job. Their portraits on MLK Jr. turned out fantastic. They worked very hard on them. I love how they turned out....sooooo good!
Pilgrims!!! Did you know pilgrims did not wear the kind of clothes we always see them dressed in? They did not wear black and white clothing and buckles on thier hats. When I read this, I was bound and determined to make a "real-looking" pilgrim. I think they turned out pretty cute.
Veteran's Day Parade Army Men....Sooooo Cute!
Thanksgiving: A "Plate-ful" of Thanks! They turned out sooo cute...I was so proud of my sweeties!